Oldsk00l replaces the .mod player (.mod only, not .xm and .it) that comes with WinAmp with one that's more compatible with old Amiga MODs. It detects SoundTracker, NoiseTracker, StarTrekker etc and handles them correctly.
It also supports all versions of Future Composer and Brian Postma's SoundMon files for those old crack-intro tunes we all know and love, and there's also support for SoundFX 1.3.
Through a small Amiga emulator it also plays modules with the player embedded, currently Jochen Hippel, Maniacs of Noise, Delta Music 2.0, SidMon 1, David Whittaker, Music Assembler, Fred Monitor, Mark II and DeliTracker CUSTOM.
To use it, just copy the in_sk00l.dll file to WinAmp's plugin directory as usual. Note: There's already a mod player there, this hasn't caused me any problems so far, but if WinAmp decides to use that one instead of in_sk00l.dll when playing MODs (this is easy to see, just do fileinfo when playing a MOD), let me know and I'll try and find a workaround.
Also, please let me know of any mods that are recognised wrong, played wrong, hangs WinAmp or other strange things.
- Stereo separation factor
- Filter/LED emulation
- Perfect seeking. All vibrato commands, slides, samples etc are started exactly where they would have been, had you played * the mod all the way through
- Handles ProTracker/SoundTracker/NoiseTracker correctly
- Plays all versions of BP SoundMon files
- Plays all versions of Future Composer files
- Plays SoundFX 1.3-2.0 files
- Plays Jochen Hippel files
- Plays Maniacs of Noise files
- Plays Delta Music 2.0 files
- Plays SidMon 1 files
- Plays David Whittaker files
- Plays Music Assembler files
- Plays Fred Monitor files
- Plays Mark II files
- Plays DeliTracker CUSTOM files
Download Oldsk00l plugin for WinAmp
Download Oldsk00l plugin, last beta
Download Some of my favourite Future Composer songs
Download Some of my favourite BP SoundMon songs
Download Some esoteric modules that Oldsk00l play correctly
Download Some emulated modules with embedded 68k code